Table of Contents Show
- What is a blog post?
- 1. Research Blog Topic
- 2. Choose the type of blog post you want to write
- 3. Choose a low-Difficulty keyword to optimize for
- 4. Write interesting content
- 5. Optimize for SEO
- 6. Use Images Effectively
- 7. Call to Action
- 8. Publish and promote the blog post.
- Ready to write your first blog post?
- Learn How To Make Money Online In 2022
Writing a blog post can sometimes be challenging if you don’t know the steps and process in mind. There are thousands of blog posts published on the web, and many of those posts are dying because they are not applying the right strategy. Knowing how to write a blog post will give you an edge over other bloggers.
I have helped many of my clients manage their blogs, and they become successful. Have you decided to launch your dream blog or you have been hired to manage a blog website? This post will give you the steps to start writing blog posts for your website.
With that in mind, writing a winning blog post requires practice, time, and dedication. This A to Z tutorial will teach you how to create the perfect blog post, from researching the ideal blog subjects and selecting the proper structure for your articles to choosing strategic photos that drive attention and interaction. After reading this post, you will be on your way to developing excellent blog content that successfully expresses your thoughts and stands out from the crowd.
What is a blog post?
A blog post is any article, news, or tutorial published on a website’s blog section. A blog post often answers specific questions or educates through formats such as Photos, videos, Illustrations, and interactive charts, varying from 500 to 3,000+ words.
Steps on how to write a blog post
1. Research Blog Topic
When researching a topic for your blog post, you need to pick the topic that will interest your audience, and that you are most knowledgeable in.
Here is the step you can use to find blog content ideas.
- Examine other blogs in your niche. For example, if you’re beginning a News blog, Google “Latest News Near me” to discover what your competitors are writing about.
- Find out which subjects are popular by using Google Trends or Google news.
- Browse online courses like Udemy, Skillshare, and LinkedIn Learning to see what your target audience is interested in learning about.
- You can use websites like quora.com and Answer the Public to find questions and terms related to your niche.
2. Choose the type of blog post you want to write
You can write various types of blog posts, each with its format to follow. Six of the most prevalent formats are as follows:
Post with a List, “What Is” Article, “Ultimate Guide” Pillar Page Post, Post of Newsjacking, and “How-To” Article.
- How-To Post: This type of post explains how to accomplish something in clearly arranged steps (for example, “How to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies from Scratch”).
- Newsjacking post: The main objective is to capture customers’ attention and, while providing them with timeless expert advice, demonstrate that your blog is a reliable destination for learning about the significant events in your field.
- A Curated Collection: Suggestions for your readers (for example, “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes”).
- Tips and Advice: Article with professional information and resources. (For example, “How to Make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Extra Gooey”)
- Blog Entry: This explains the meaning of a phrase or topic (for example, “What Are No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies?”).
- Trending Article: Highlighting what is currently popular (for example, “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes From This Year”)
- Guest Post: Guest posts are blog articles that allow you to write perspectives on other people’s sites. A guest post, for example, is ideal for obtaining a new audience for a new blog website.
3. Choose a low-Difficulty keyword to optimize for
When writing a blog post for a new blog or a website with low domain authority, you must check the keyword difficulty to see if your website would be able to rank for the keywords on the Search Engine Results Page.
Keyword research is an essential part of drafting a blog article. This vital SEO tactic determines which phrases you might rank high for in specific web searches.
You may uncover keywords for your own content using numerous keyword research tools. If you’re new to blogging, you should begin with free tools like Answer the Public, Ubersuggest, and Google Keyword Planner.
After then, you might consider upgrading to paid tools like SEMrush or Ahrefs. Other essential features of blogging may be found in this complete blog post guide on How to Rank a New Blog Website Post on Google.
4. Write interesting content
First, pique the reader’s interest. If you lose the reader in the introduction’s first few pages or phrases, they will quit reading (even before giving our content a fair shot). You may accomplish this by telling a tale, making a joke, being compassionate, or captivating the reader with an interesting fact or statistic.
Then deliver, you have caught the interest of your audience. It’s now left for you to use your expertise and experience to solve your reader’s questions. There are blogging mistakes at this stage of writing a blog post, and you’ll need to properly examine your content for grammatical errors, redundancy, and other unprofessional material.
Furthermore, ensure that your thoughts flow logically across each part, signaling a clear and intended message to readers.
Enter your Email address to get Free Grammarly Premium.
5. Optimize for SEO
A practical SEO approach for bloggers includes optimizing your content before and after writing the blog article. The first step is to sprinkle relevant keywords throughout your text. Assume you’ve decided to target the term “business tactics.” Use this precise sentence in your headline, body content, and 1-2 subheaders if it makes sense.
Include the keyword term in your metadata. This is the snippet text for every Google article on the search engine result page, and it comprises a title (also known as the meta title) and a short description (the meta description). You should also include the keywords in your article’s Permalink (URL) and the alt text of your images.
You can also link out to external blogs that have written about your target term. Use this SEO strategy to improve the overall performance of your blog. Finally, ensure you understand how long a blog post article should be to rank well depending on your niche and competitors.
6. Use Images Effectively
“A picture is worth a thousand words.”By Frederick R. Barnard
When it comes to blogging, the image also plays an important role. Many visitors skim blog articles rather than reading them word for word. Including photos throughout the prose will make your post appear less frightening and more aesthetically attractive so the audience can easily understand each section of the blog post.
Rather than a page of black and white text, your visitor will choose to visit a blog page with photos, videos, polls, audio, or slideshows. It also enhances your on-page search engine optimization and makes it more dynamic (SEO).
7. Call to Action
A call to action (CTA) is a section of a webpage, commercial, or piece of content that encourages viewers to take action. You may use them in your blog article to direct your reader’s attention to the “next steps” or a conversion path.
Among the various sorts of call to action, here’re those that ask readers to:
- Subscribe to your newsletter to be notified when new content is published.
- Join a blog-related online community.
- Downloadable information can help you learn more about a subject.
- To convert readers into consumers, provide something for free or at a discount.
8. Publish and promote the blog post.
Distributing your content across all of your marketing platforms will increase your reach, and the more likely readers will locate it.
Channels to consider for expanding your blog post promotion strategy include:
- Social media marketing entails sharing your material on prominent social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and others.
- Email Marketing: Informing your email subscribers about the most recent content.
- Boosted Posts or Paid Ads: Using an organic budget to promote on search engines.
- Word of Mouth Marketing: Actively persuading others to read your material.
Ready to write your first blog post?
Blogging may help your brand reach and establish you as an expert in your target niche, with quality leads, and increase conversions. Follow the procedures and recommendations discussed above to start publishing and improving your blog immediately.