Table of Contents Show
- 1. Get a job:
- Steps to getting a full-time job in Nigeria
- How to get full-time jobs in Nigeria:
- How to get Freelance jobs/online Jobs in Nigeria:
- How to start a business that makes money in Nigeria
- 2. Become a Graphic Designer
- 3. Start an Affiliate marketing
- Affiliate Marketing website that accepts Nigerians
- 4. Start a Blog website
- Steps to start a blog in Nigeria?
- 5. Become a freelance writer
- Steps to make money with your smartphone in Nigeria
The Nigerian economy is one of the rapid-growing economies in Africa. The country has witnessed a growth rate of over 7% in the past few years. But it is clear that you don’t need to be a brainiac to know that not everyone is benefiting from this growth, and some are still struggling to make ends meet. How to make money in Nigeria is a question that many Nigerians want an answer to.
It is always safe to have an emergency fund, but it is even better to have a fund that will give you a regular income. The best way to get this is by making money online. I will share my proven steps to make money in Nigeria in this article.
1. Get a job:
Getting a job is one of the slowest and easiest ways to make money in Nigeria, but it is not for everyone. There are lots of jobs available in various niches and sectors. Each person has qualifications and skills that they can offer to a prospective employer. The most important thing is to find a job that you are passionate about and enjoy doing because it will be much easier for you to work hard at your job if you like what you do.
If you are skilled at your job, this will be a good deal for you because you can always scale to start your business. The most important thing about your full-time job is not the pay but what you are becoming. Is your job making you better? If Yes, then that’s great because you will be able to gain lots of experience to bid on bigger and better job offers.
Steps to getting a full-time job in Nigeria
Before we list the steps of getting a job in Nigeria, it’s very important that you know that there are different types of jobs ranging from full-time to part-time jobs and freelance jobs. I am currently working in two categories: full-time jobs and Freelance Jobs.
How to get full-time jobs in Nigeria:
Getting a full-time job in Nigeria can be difficult or easy, depending on your location, skills, and connection. When I started my career, it was not easy for me to get my first job, but I got it through a referral from my trainer, and the second was through Facebook Jobs in 2019. When you are looking for Jobs, inform your friends, family, and the people you trust, letting them know you are looking for a Job and what your skills are: here are the steps are broken down:
- Inform your connections
- Post it online
- Apply to jobs through Job posting sites like Jobberman, Linkedin, and more
- Apply through a recruitment agency, read their terms and policy because some ask for fees.
How to get Freelance jobs/online Jobs in Nigeria:
Getting a freelance job in Nigeria can be quite challenging because you’re competing with top freelancers who are skillful worldwide; you must be well equipped and set yourself up as a professional to convince clients that you’re the right fit for their jobs. Here are some freelance websites you can get started with:
- Upwork: is one of the top leading freelance platforms for a client to hire a freelancer and where freelancers like you can get jobs; because of the platform’s simplicity and fairness, even as a new freelancer, you can start getting jobs on Upwork, but you must first apply the right strategy luckily I have an in-depth article on how to get jobs on Upwork in Nigeria 2022.
- Fiverr: is a freelance marketplace just like Upwork, but every platform has its advantage Fiverr has a lot of freelancers and clients registered on the website. Because of this, some people and blog posts will tell you not to try Fiverr because it’s highly competitive. You must understand that many freelancers have failed on Fiverr because they are not doing the right things or applying the right strategy, so spending some extra time on setting up your profile, gigs/SEO, and portfolio will give you an edge over them.
- Linkedin: LinkedIn is the internet’s largest professional network. LinkedIn can help you establish and create professional contacts and gain the skills you need to advance your career. LinkedIn may be accessed via a desktop, LinkedIn mobile app, mobile web experience, or LinkedIn Lite Android mobile app.
How to start a business that makes money in Nigeria
If you don’t want to get a regular 9-5 job, then starting your own business might be better for you. Starting a business can require a lot and still be challenging with greater opportunities. There are many different ways to start a business, but there are two main methods: starting a traditional business or an online one.
The traditional route to starting a business is through what is called the “startup phase”. This is when you are looking for funding and finding customers for your product or service. The online route to starting a business is through what is called the lifestyle phase. This is when you have already found funding and customers for your product or service and want to do it from home while having more flexibility in your schedule.
Starting a business can be difficult, but it can be an exciting and rewarding experience with the right research and planning.
What you need to consider when starting a business:
- Define your business idea
- Gather funds
- Create your company.
What is the best way to start a business? Starting your business depends on the type of business you want to create. Some businesses require more startup capital than others. If you don’t have enough money for your startup, you must raise it. There are ways to get funds for your new company, such as taking loans from banks or friends, crowdfunding, or finding investors who believe in your idea. See our guide on the Best online business ideas in Nigeria (2022)
2. Become a Graphic Designer
Graphic design is a specialized field that combines some aspects of fine art, industrial art, and commercial art. Graphic designers are responsible for creating designs for a wide range of media, from print to digital to motion graphics.
There are a lot of ways you apply to get started as a graphic designer. The first step is deciding what kind of graphic design you want: print, digital, or motion graphics. Once you have decided on the type of design you want to pursue, there are two routes that you can take: self-teaching or formal education.
Self-teaching: involves learning the basics by reading books and online tutorials and practicing the skills.
Formal education: typically requires more time and money, but it provides more structure to learning techniques and the theory behind design principles.
When I started my online career, graphic design was the first skill that earned me a few bucks. Still, as I grew and upskilled, I started making money from different skill sets; the point is that graphic design may be easy for you to create. All you need is your laptop, I have even come across some courses that teach people how to start graphic design with their phone, but I would not recommend any courses for now.
3. Start an Affiliate marketing
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is performance-based marketing in which affiliates are compensated for each visitor or customer brought in through their marketing efforts. Affiliates can be paid through money, free products, or other incentives they can offer customers. The affiliate’s success is determined by the product and its ability to attract customers.
The primary goal of affiliate marketing is to generate sales or leads for a company, which then pays a commission to an affiliate.
It takes new affiliate marketers some time to start making money. You can start uploading your product’s affiliates on your WhatsApp status, sharing it with friends and family, and getting some product purchases. If you don’t have the connection or people to promote this product to, you can create a Facebook page and start running paid ads; this will cost you a few bucks, but if you do it right, the money will start coming in.
Affiliate Marketing website that accepts Nigerians
The most important step toward launching a profitable affiliate marketing business is to look for high-paying affiliate programs that accept Nigerians in which you can participate. Every affiliate program has advantages and disadvantages; it is up to you to decide which one to join, and the good news is that you can participate in more than one affiliate marketing program at the same time.
4. Start a Blog website
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of some topics or experiences from your previous work? Do you think you can share them in the written article? If yes, starting a blog website might be a good deal for you and the people you are looking to target.
As with other digital advancements, many entrepreneurs realized the market opportunities in having a blog, and the adoption of blogging in the business sector aided in increasing the medium’s popularity. You may use a blog for advertising a business and starting a home business on its way.
Steps to start a blog in Nigeria?
- Identify Your blog niche: it is crucial that when you are just starting a blog, you choose a specific niche. This will help you build your DA (Domain Authority) and help you stand out from the crown.
- Purchase a domain name: Domain name would be the name of your site that people will use to access the site. For Example, our domain name is Digitaltechtube.com.
- Web host: Web hosting is where you will store all your files and Data. On this blog, we recommend using Namecheap if you are on a low budget. This is not an affiliate promotion.
- Install WordPress: WordPress is a free Content Management System that works in chronological order for the latest post to stay on top of your site. WordPress powers over 2 million websites.
- Create and select a blog theme. Make sure you choose a WordPress blog theme that’s fast and clean, allowing your users to navigate easily on your site.
5. Become a freelance writer
- Become a freelance writer and make money by selling your services.
- Set up your own freelance business as an independent contractor with a website that showcases your work.
- Market yourself on sites like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer to attract clients who want to hire you for short-term projects (or even full-time).
Steps to make money with your smartphone in Nigeria
If you’ve always wanted to make money with your mobile phone, there are plenty of ways to do it. You can use your phone to start making money now.
If you don’t have a laptop and you want to learn how to make money in Nigeria with just your smartphone, this article is for you. We will list the proven step-by-step guide on making money with your phone in Nigeria with little or no investment.
Fill out surveys on your phone and get paid for it: You can get paid to take surveys on your phone. That’s right; you don’t even have to leave the house!
Get paid to test products: If you love testing things out but don’t want the hassle of going into a store and then leaving again (and possibly forgetting something), this is an easy way for you to make money by simply answering questions about what products work best for your customers—and then sharing that information with others who might benefit from it as well.
You can be paid to test apps on your phone with UserTesting.com: If you want to make money with your phone, UserTesting has covered you. They’ll pay users to test apps, websites, and videos on their phones. If you’re an Android user, there’s an even better way:
You can get paid for testing any app or website on the Play Store in exchange for real cash! All that’s left is signing up through their website and downloading the app (or visiting the website). Then when it comes time for testing out an app or watching a movie trailer at home, you’ll also have access to one of these mobile payment options!
Listen to music on MusicXRay and earn money for it: This is a great way to make money if you don’t have any other options. You can listen to the music you like and get paid for it! You don’t even have to be a fan of the artist or genre of music—you can listen to anything if it’s free on MusicXRay!
With all these ways to make money, it’s clear that there are many ways to make money, from starting your business to using your phone. But before you start looking for online jobs or apps, remember that the best way to start is by doing something you love. If it’s something creative like getting a full-time job or writing articles, go ahead and create them! That will help you get started on your path towards financial freedom while ensuring that what comes out of your creative process is valuable enough for others to want their copy of it.