Table of Contents Show
- What is Aliexpress?
- How to Make Payments on AliExpress From Nigeria in 2024
- How to Create a Virtual Dollar Card in Nigeria
- How to create a Grey USD virtual card
- Process to use your virtual card to pay for Aliexpress product
- Can I pay AliExpress with Naira?
- Which bank card works on AliExpress in Nigeria?
- How do I change my AliExpress from dollars to Naira?
Paying for Aliexpress can be pretty challenging for Nigerians, but in this article, I will show you simple steps that you can use to pay for Aliexpress, and you will not have challenges each time you want to make an online payment.
Aliexpress only accepts international dollar cards; if you try using your Nigeria naira card, it will decline, so you must use a dollar card to make your payments.
In this article, I will show you how to apply for and request a dollar card if you need a dollar. You don’t have to go to the bank. You can do all of this in the comfort of your home.
What is Aliexpress?
AliExpress is an online retail platform that belongs to the Alibaba Group, a Chinese multinational conglomerate.
AliExpress enables small businesses and individual sellers to reach international customers. It acts as a marketplace where sellers can list their products, and buyers worldwide can browse and purchase those products directly.
How to Make Payments on AliExpress From Nigeria in 2024
AliExpress accepts various payment methods, which can vary depending on your location. In Nigeria, standard payment methods on AliExpress include:
Credit/Debit Cards: You can use international credit or debit cards like Visa or MasterCard to make payments on AliExpress.
So, the solution to pay for Aliexpress is to use a dollar card. As I mentioned, don’t worry; we will use Grey’s platform. I have personally used it, and it works, so let me work you through creating an account and requesting a dollar card.
A virtual dollar card is a digital payment card that allows you to make online transactions in foreign currencies, particularly the U.S. dollar (USD), Pound(GDP), and Euro(EUR).
To get started in creating your virtual dollar card, we are going to be using Grey.
Getting the Grey Virtual Dollar card is easy. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on the link below to access the Grey website. If you use my link, I will get up to 5$ when you receive $500 on your account as a referral bonus. https://app.grey.co/auth/register?referral=HH1AU3
- Register and validate your account: After entering your email, phone number, and required details, you must verify your account by giving your personal information and identification papers; this can include your NIN or International passport; ensure to verify your account thoroughly.
- Apply for the Chipper Virtual Dollar card: Once your account has been authenticated, you will need to apply for the Chipper Virtual Dollar card directly from the app.
How to create a Grey USD virtual card
Obtaining a USD virtual card on Grey is a straightforward process. Below is a step-by-step guide for both the website and the mobile app.
On the Website:
- Log in to your account.
- Once signed in, navigate to ‘Virtual cards’ in the sidebar.
- Clicking on the ‘Virtual Cards’ tab will direct you to the card creation screen:
- Click the ‘Create virtual card’ button and follow the prompts to complete your request.
On the Mobile App:
- Log in to your account.
- Once signed in, click on ‘Cards’ in the menu bar.
- Clicking on the ‘Cards’ tab will take you to card creation screen:
- Click on ‘Get started.’
- Click on ‘Create Virtual card’ and follow the prompts to complete your request.
It’s important to note that a $4 card creation fee and a $1 card funding fee will be deducted from your USD balance. Ensure you have at least $5 in your USD balance to initiate the card creation process.
Process to use your virtual card to pay for Aliexpress product
- Fund your account: Before using the card, you must fund your Grey account with Naira. This may be accomplished by any of the accessible funding methods, such as bank transfer, or debit card.
- Convert your Naira to Dollars: Once your account is funded, you may use the app to convert your Naira to U.S. dollars at the current exchange rate.
- Pay for Aliexpress with your card: You may now pay for Aliexpress Products with your Grey Virtual Dollar card without problems.
Can I pay AliExpress with Naira?
No, you can not pay Aliexpress with your Naira card; Aliexpress only accepts Credit/Debit Cards that accept international payments, such as Visa or MasterCard, and Nigeria cards don’t accept International payments.
Which bank card works on AliExpress in Nigeria?
The only banks in Nigeria that can pay for Aliexpress in Nigeria are banks that allow customers to create Domiciliary accounts and Provide them with international cards such as Dollar debit cards, pound debit cards, and Euro debit cards.
How do I change my AliExpress from dollars to Naira?
AliExpress primarily uses U.S. dollars (USD) as its default transaction currency. When you purchase on AliExpress, your bank will convert the transaction amount from USD to your local currency, which, in the case of Nigeria, is the Nigerian Naira (NGN).
AliExpress doesn’t typically provide an option to change the currency displayed on the website, as it automatically detects your location and sets the default currency accordingly. However, the money you are charged ultimately depends on your payment method and your bank’s exchange rate.